Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Initial course schedule for the Fall Term

Today was the first day that incoming graduate students were allowed to register for classes, so I quickly took care of that as I had already decided what my schedule was going to be. Here are my classes thus far:

USP 507 Transportation Seminar - 1 credit
USP 533 Planning Methods I - 4 credits
USP 540 History & Theory of Planning - 4 credits
USP 544 Urban Transportation Planning - 3 credits

As always with my schedules, this is subject to change. I'm taking USP 533 and 540 no matter what this term and can take the other two courses in Fall 2011. I am loading up on my transportation focus courses early since I will be concurrently beginning my research assistantship for one of the faculty members in that area. If I weren't, I would probably take more of the core courses and then worry about my focus later.

It's interesting how a balanced schedule in the view of an undergraduate student includes classes from various departments and subjects, whereas I consider this graduate schedule balanced since two of the classes are foundational and the other two are in my interest area, yet they are all within the School of Urban Studies and Planning. I am looking forward to all of them, even though the History & Theory course should be primarily review for me and then the Methods course will largely be statistics. Of course not having a job and not being in school makes everything at all stimulating sound interesting right about now!

No comments:

Post a Comment